Sunday, February 25, 2007

Going into the homes

Today I will go and stay with a precious friend of mine named Art at her home for a few days. She became a Christian last year when I was here. I have already spent some time with her and am amazed and encourage by the growth that is occuring in her life. Right now she is fasting dinner every night (and has been doing so for quite some time) for the people she loves to see victory over sickness, heart issues, and to meet the Lord. She is diligent in reading the word and spending time in prayer. When we arrived at the airport this friend actually met my Dad and I. She aslo had three friends with her. My Dad, the evangelist that he is, gave each of her friends a booklet about Jesus. Her friends took these back and put them on the center table in thier office for others to read. One of Art's other friends came and picked this booklet up. After she read it she began asking Art questions about how to deal with a problem she had in her life. Art explained that God coudl help her if she would pray and read the bible. This friend asked Art for a bible. That night Art called me and told me what happend. I explained that Art should not just give her a bible but also meet with her on a regular basis so that this friend could understand what she was reading. In the next few days, Art and I are planning to study the bible together so that she can teach her friend!

This week I will also go and meet with Art's family. They are precious people who have welcomed me into thier home. I look forward to seeing them again and sharing with them more about the Love of Christ. I believe so strongly that when we go OUT into people's home and lives that the Lord Jesus promises to go with us and manifest Himself through us. There is a bit of fear and trembling as we go. I continue to ask the Lord for wisdom. I want to be bold and yet not push people away. Ultimatly I am seeking to hear the Lord's voice more clearly so that I will no miss an opportunity to share with someone who has not yet had the chance to hear the Lord's sweet voice calling to them.

No comments: